This is one of the most popular rivers for commercial rafting in Nepal. Being the most easily accessible from Kathmandu and Pokhara, this river is the most visited destination by the rafters. Trips are available from 1 day to 2 days. This river offers plenty of excitement with a short blast and huge rapids into the turbo fast current. Beautiful rural settlements on both sides of the river, eye-catching gorges, exhilarating rapids make this river perfect for both first-time and experienced rafters. It is the cheapest river in terms of the trip cost involved and the rafting trip can be combined with an extension to Chitwan or Pokhara.
From October to mid-December and March through early May are the best time for Trisuli river rafting. It is also possible to raft in winter, but you have to watch out for hypothermia. During monsoon (June to September), the whitewater sections are dangerous, but gentler stretches are run-able.
Day 01: Drive to Charaundi, Raft ends at Kurinighat and Back to Kathmandu/Pokhara or Chitwan
Drive from Kathmandu to Rafting starting point, Charaudi, 82 km on the way to Pokhara, which takes about 3 hours. After a briefing by your raft guide, the raft trip begins around 11 a.m. After a short, while we hit class 3 rapid called "Twin Rock" and other rapids and then stop for lunch.
After lunch, we resume our river trip and hit rapids called "Upset" and "Surprise" which are of Class 3 & 4. At around 3 to 3.30 p.m., we conclude our rafting trip at Kurinighat.
Then, you will be served hot drink at the ending point and drive back to Kathmandu or you may continue your trip to Pokhara or to Chitwan as you wish.
- Ground Transportation (One-way tourist bus one-way Local bus)
- Lunch during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high-quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staff (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Safety Kayak
- Food, tranportation, insurance for all our field staff
- Professional rafting guides and crew
- First aid kit box
- Mineral water during the whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- Private Transportation for Kathmandu
- Tips to our field Staff